BAFE have announced a revision of Version 7.1 to Version 8.0 of the BAFE SP203-1 Scheme Document, published 21/08/2023.
Summary of Key Changes from Version 7.2 to Version 8.0
- BAFE SP203-1 scope reviewed to clarify focus on works performed on fire detection and fire alarm systems in
non-domestic premises to BS 5839-1.
- Additional scope available for works performed on fire detection and fire alarm systems in domestic premises
(Grade A systems only) to BS 5839-6.
- Management system procedures and records reviewed to ensure required actions are performed and
- Management system now has a heightened focus on appropriate behaviours (i.e. following a strong safety
culture, always working to scheme requirements).
- Clarification of operational locations and criteria that shall be followed to meet BAFE SP203-1 criteria.
- Introduction of nominated Lead Individual(s) for each module who have overall responsibility for all work(s)
and a greater focus on individual/employee competence.
- Clarification of use of sub-contractors to protect end clients (note: this justified the removal of previous annex
available “Rules for remote UK islands and crown dependencies where no certificated organisations exist”).
- Clarification of certificate issuing.
For more information or to find a BAFE registered organisation: https://www.bafe.org.uk/